Security in-charge of Dhyan Chand Stadium arrested
New Delhi: The security in-charge of the capital`s Major Dhyan Chand Stadium has been arrested for abusing Hockey India officials and for obstructing their work in an inebriated state after the conclusion of the Hero Hockey World League Round 2 last night.
The security in-charge of Dhayan Chand Stadium, also know as National Stadium, Sanhsar Pawar was detained at the Tilak Marg police station last night after HI filed an FIR against him.
Pawar, an employee of private security firm Security Seluth, however was released on bail today after he was produced in front of Special Executive Magistrate, Rai Singh Khatri.
"Pawar is a serial offender. He is always drunk during duty hours. Last night, he created a big ruckus when he refused to allow heavy vehicles carrying equipments used during the Hockey World League to leave the stadium premises without bribing him money or alcohol," a HI source said.
"He also abused many top officials of HI in inebriated state when they tried to talk to him," he said.
"It is a serious issue as Dhayan Chand Stadium is a historic venue which has hosted many international hockey tournaments. We will take up the matter with Sports Authority of India as the Dhyan Chand stadium is their property and it is SAI who has given contract to this security firm," he added.
The week-long Hero Hockey World League Round 2, a qualifying tournament for next year`s FIH World Cup, ended last night with hosts India emerging as the winners in both the men`s and women`s competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam