Security in-charge of Dhyan Chand Stadium arrested
New Delhi: The security in-charge of the capital`s Major Dhyan Chand Stadium has been arrested for abusing Hockey India officials and for obstructing their work in an inebriated state after the conclusion of the Hero Hockey World League Round 2 last night.
The security in-charge of Dhayan Chand Stadium, also know as National Stadium, Sanhsar Pawar was detained at the Tilak Marg police station last night after HI filed an FIR against him.
Pawar, an employee of private security firm Security Seluth, however was released on bail today after he was produced in front of Special Executive Magistrate, Rai Singh Khatri.
"Pawar is a serial offender. He is always drunk during duty hours. Last night, he created a big ruckus when he refused to allow heavy vehicles carrying equipments used during the Hockey World League to leave the stadium premises without bribing him money or alcohol," a HI source said.
"He also abused many top officials of HI in inebriated state when they tried to talk to him," he said.
"It is a serious issue as Dhayan Chand Stadium is a historic venue which has hosted many international hockey tournaments. We will take up the matter with Sports Authority of India as the Dhyan Chand stadium is their property and it is SAI who has given contract to this security firm," he added.
The week-long Hero Hockey World League Round 2, a qualifying tournament for next year`s FIH World Cup, ended last night with hosts India emerging as the winners in both the men`s and women`s competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'