Selby ends Advani`s run in European snooker
Furth (Germany): World No.1 Mark Selby ended the dream run of India`s Pankaj Advani with a 4-2 win in the semifinals of the European Tour-1 Paul Hunter Classic snooker tournament, here Sunday.
Advani, who created history by becoming the first Indian to reach the semifinals of a tournament on the professional circuit, eventually yielded ground to the experience of Selby, who went on to win the title defeating Joe Swail 4-1 in the final.
The 27-year old Advani, who has been in fine touch having beaten the legendary Steve Davis and former World No.1 John Higgins in the earlier rounds, did well against Selby to come back from 1-3 to 2-3, before the 31-year old two-time Masters champion took the sixth frame on a break of 87.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city