Selby ends Advani`s run in European snooker
Furth (Germany): World No.1 Mark Selby ended the dream run of India`s Pankaj Advani with a 4-2 win in the semifinals of the European Tour-1 Paul Hunter Classic snooker tournament, here Sunday.
Advani, who created history by becoming the first Indian to reach the semifinals of a tournament on the professional circuit, eventually yielded ground to the experience of Selby, who went on to win the title defeating Joe Swail 4-1 in the final.
The 27-year old Advani, who has been in fine touch having beaten the legendary Steve Davis and former World No.1 John Higgins in the earlier rounds, did well against Selby to come back from 1-3 to 2-3, before the 31-year old two-time Masters champion took the sixth frame on a break of 87.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed