Selby ends Advani`s run in European snooker
Furth (Germany): World No.1 Mark Selby ended the dream run of India`s Pankaj Advani with a 4-2 win in the semifinals of the European Tour-1 Paul Hunter Classic snooker tournament, here Sunday.
Advani, who created history by becoming the first Indian to reach the semifinals of a tournament on the professional circuit, eventually yielded ground to the experience of Selby, who went on to win the title defeating Joe Swail 4-1 in the final.
The 27-year old Advani, who has been in fine touch having beaten the legendary Steve Davis and former World No.1 John Higgins in the earlier rounds, did well against Selby to come back from 1-3 to 2-3, before the 31-year old two-time Masters champion took the sixth frame on a break of 87.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read