Selby ends Advani`s run in European snooker
Furth (Germany): World No.1 Mark Selby ended the dream run of India`s Pankaj Advani with a 4-2 win in the semifinals of the European Tour-1 Paul Hunter Classic snooker tournament, here Sunday.
Advani, who created history by becoming the first Indian to reach the semifinals of a tournament on the professional circuit, eventually yielded ground to the experience of Selby, who went on to win the title defeating Joe Swail 4-1 in the final.
The 27-year old Advani, who has been in fine touch having beaten the legendary Steve Davis and former World No.1 John Higgins in the earlier rounds, did well against Selby to come back from 1-3 to 2-3, before the 31-year old two-time Masters champion took the sixth frame on a break of 87.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sharing Twitter posts can hamper your memory!
- Try these tricks and increase your phone's speed in just 1 minute
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 25: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Gujarat Lions — As it happened...
- 100 shanties gutted after massive fire breaks out in Andhra slum clusters, fire tenders rushed
- DRT questions Diageo's delay in furnishing deal details