Senior National Men’s Boxing in Hyderabad from Oct 26
New Delhi: The 56th Senior National Men’s Boxing Championship will be held at Saroornagar Indoor Stadium in Hyderabad from October 26 to November 1.
Around 350 boxers representing 38 states and board teams are expected to participate in the Championship.
The tournament assumes significance as IABF’s Selection Committee will pick boxers for the Commonwealth Core Group as well as for the Commonwealth Boxing Championships to be held here in March next year.
Moreover, all the quarterfinalists at the Championship will qualify for the next National Games, an Indian Amateur Boxing Federation release said.
The IABF will also hold its Executive Committee Meeting and Annual General Body Meeting in Hyderabad on October 27.
The AGM will discuss a proposal to introduce Indian Series Boxing (ISB) on the lines of WSB which will be akin to professional boxing wherein there will be franchisee Indian cities vying with each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal