Senior National Men’s Boxing in Hyderabad from Oct 26
New Delhi: The 56th Senior National Men’s Boxing Championship will be held at Saroornagar Indoor Stadium in Hyderabad from October 26 to November 1.
Around 350 boxers representing 38 states and board teams are expected to participate in the Championship.
The tournament assumes significance as IABF’s Selection Committee will pick boxers for the Commonwealth Core Group as well as for the Commonwealth Boxing Championships to be held here in March next year.
Moreover, all the quarterfinalists at the Championship will qualify for the next National Games, an Indian Amateur Boxing Federation release said.
The IABF will also hold its Executive Committee Meeting and Annual General Body Meeting in Hyderabad on October 27.
The AGM will discuss a proposal to introduce Indian Series Boxing (ISB) on the lines of WSB which will be akin to professional boxing wherein there will be franchisee Indian cities vying with each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- US envoy calls on Syria rebels to respect truce
- Bond girl? Nah, not good enough! Priyanka Chopra has bigger dreams – Details inside
- UBHL seeks time till July to file results due to Mallya cases
- 'Paa' Amitabh Bachchan liked my performance in 'Sarbjit': Aishwarya
- No fun working with Kangana if her role is small: Irrfan Khan