Seven-member Indian athletics team for World Juniors
New Delhi: The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) will send a seven-member team, comprising five girls and two boys, to participate in the IAAF World Junior Championships in Eugene in the United States from July 22-27.
Chief coach J.S. Bhatia will be accompanying the team comprising Jessy Joseph, Archana Adhav, Navjeet Kaur, V.V. Jisha, G.K. Vijay Kumari, Sachin and Parvinder Kumar that will depart Monday.
"This batch is being looked upon as the future of Indian athletics and we`re hopeful of some good performances from the youngsters," Bhatia said.
Girls: Jessy Joseph (800m and 4x400m relay); Archana Adhav (800m and 4x400m relay); V.V. Jisha (4x400m relay), G.K. Vijay Kumari (4x400m relay); Navjeet Kaur (shot put).
Boys: Sachin (discus throw); Parvinder Kumar (javelin throw).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Vivek Oberoi to be seen in 'No Smoking' commercial
- Brexit vote sends new shocks through financial markets, political chaos deepens
- Wimbledon: World No. 223 dumps out Ana Ivanovic in first round
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic begins title defence with a solid victory
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan