Seven-member Indian athletics team for World Juniors
New Delhi: The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) will send a seven-member team, comprising five girls and two boys, to participate in the IAAF World Junior Championships in Eugene in the United States from July 22-27.
Chief coach J.S. Bhatia will be accompanying the team comprising Jessy Joseph, Archana Adhav, Navjeet Kaur, V.V. Jisha, G.K. Vijay Kumari, Sachin and Parvinder Kumar that will depart Monday.
"This batch is being looked upon as the future of Indian athletics and we`re hopeful of some good performances from the youngsters," Bhatia said.
Girls: Jessy Joseph (800m and 4x400m relay); Archana Adhav (800m and 4x400m relay); V.V. Jisha (4x400m relay), G.K. Vijay Kumari (4x400m relay); Navjeet Kaur (shot put).
Boys: Sachin (discus throw); Parvinder Kumar (javelin throw).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday