Seven-member Indian athletics team for World Juniors
New Delhi: The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) will send a seven-member team, comprising five girls and two boys, to participate in the IAAF World Junior Championships in Eugene in the United States from July 22-27.
Chief coach J.S. Bhatia will be accompanying the team comprising Jessy Joseph, Archana Adhav, Navjeet Kaur, V.V. Jisha, G.K. Vijay Kumari, Sachin and Parvinder Kumar that will depart Monday.
"This batch is being looked upon as the future of Indian athletics and we`re hopeful of some good performances from the youngsters," Bhatia said.
Girls: Jessy Joseph (800m and 4x400m relay); Archana Adhav (800m and 4x400m relay); V.V. Jisha (4x400m relay), G.K. Vijay Kumari (4x400m relay); Navjeet Kaur (shot put).
Boys: Sachin (discus throw); Parvinder Kumar (javelin throw).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared on May 25
- Virat Kohli has been advised rest by Team India physiotherapist after IPL 2016: Sandeep Patil
- We are looking at future of Indian cricket: Sandeep Patil on Yuvraj, Harbhajan's axing
- If you survive in Mumbai cricket, you get rewarded: Shardul Thakur on maiden Test call-up
- Shah Rukh Khan remembers his school days, wonders how time has changed! Details inside