Seven-member Indian athletics team for World Juniors
New Delhi: The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) will send a seven-member team, comprising five girls and two boys, to participate in the IAAF World Junior Championships in Eugene in the United States from July 22-27.
Chief coach J.S. Bhatia will be accompanying the team comprising Jessy Joseph, Archana Adhav, Navjeet Kaur, V.V. Jisha, G.K. Vijay Kumari, Sachin and Parvinder Kumar that will depart Monday.
"This batch is being looked upon as the future of Indian athletics and we`re hopeful of some good performances from the youngsters," Bhatia said.
Girls: Jessy Joseph (800m and 4x400m relay); Archana Adhav (800m and 4x400m relay); V.V. Jisha (4x400m relay), G.K. Vijay Kumari (4x400m relay); Navjeet Kaur (shot put).
Boys: Sachin (discus throw); Parvinder Kumar (javelin throw).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie