Seven-member Indian athletics team for World Juniors
New Delhi: The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) will send a seven-member team, comprising five girls and two boys, to participate in the IAAF World Junior Championships in Eugene in the United States from July 22-27.
Chief coach J.S. Bhatia will be accompanying the team comprising Jessy Joseph, Archana Adhav, Navjeet Kaur, V.V. Jisha, G.K. Vijay Kumari, Sachin and Parvinder Kumar that will depart Monday.
"This batch is being looked upon as the future of Indian athletics and we`re hopeful of some good performances from the youngsters," Bhatia said.
Girls: Jessy Joseph (800m and 4x400m relay); Archana Adhav (800m and 4x400m relay); V.V. Jisha (4x400m relay), G.K. Vijay Kumari (4x400m relay); Navjeet Kaur (shot put).
Boys: Sachin (discus throw); Parvinder Kumar (javelin throw).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her