Sharath clocks personal best time at Paralympics Games
London: India`s sole entry in swimming, Sharath Gayakwad finished fourth in his 100m Butterfly heat with a personal best timing of 1:07.12 but failed to qualify for the finals in the Paralympics Games here on Thursday.
His timing was 0.58 seconds slower than the qualification mark for the finals.
Commenting on his performance, having shaved off five seconds from his Olympic qualification time, the 21-year-old said, "I am really proud of my performance today. It`s disheartening to have missed the finals by such a small margin but I could not have gone any faster."
Sharath, who is to participate in four events at the Paralympic Games - 100m Butterfly, 100m Breaststroke, 50m Freestyle and 200m IM - has just returned from a high-performance training camp at the University of Western Australia, Perth.
There, he trained under the watchful eye of Mel Tantrum, a Gold Licensed high-performance swimming coach, a program funded by the GoSports Foundation and its network.
Sharath will next swim the 100m Breaststroke, his pet event, on September 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Became an actor by accident: Johnny Depp
- Schools, colleges shut in rain-hit Karnataka district
- NT Awards 2016: Zee News wins five awards in various categories
- AAP advertising budget less than money spent on PM Modi's clothes: Arvind Kejriwal
- ''Disappointment'' over Pay Commission due to Centre's inability to rein in inflation: JD (U)