Sharath Kamal in Asian team
Kolkata: India`s top men`s table tennis player Achanta Sharath Kamal has been named in the Asian team, which will take part in the 2012 Euro-Asia Event European Stage, to be held at Vendee in France in October.
The two-day event will see four other players from the region, including Chung Chih Yuan of Chinese Taipei, Joo Saehyuk of Korea and Japan`s Niwa Koki, while the fourth player from China is yet to be named.
The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) general-secretary, Dhanraj Choudhary, has been named the Asian team manager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?