Sher-e-Punjab beat Bhopal Badshahs 4-3 in WSH
Jalandhar: Sher-e-Punjab on Saturday notched their sixth win in the World Series Hockey, beating Bhopal Badshahs 4-3 at the Surjeet Singh Hockey Stadium.
Inderjit Singh (35), Mandeep Antil (41), Gagan Ajit Singh (42) and Matthew Hotchkis (57) struck for the winners while Casey Henwood (46), Lalit Kumar Upadhyay (66) and Shailendra Singh Bundela (68) scored for the visitors.
In an exciting match, Inderjit gave Punjab the lead by scoring through penalty corner before Antil made it 2-0 in favour of the hosts. More agony was in store for Bhopal as Gagan Ajit struck Punjab`s third a minute later. Henwood reduced the margin for the visitors before Hotchkis made it 4-1.
Bhopal tried to make a comeback late into the match through Upadhyay and Bundela`s strikes, but their efforts were not enough. The home team comfortably led 4-1 midway through the third quarter, but had to work hard to safeguard their citadel to end the day with a narrow win.
Never the ones to give up, the Badshahs stuck twice in the last two minutes, but a draw remained a distant dream for the visitors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?