Sher-e-Punjab beat Bhopal Badshahs 4-3 in WSH
Jalandhar: Sher-e-Punjab on Saturday notched their sixth win in the World Series Hockey, beating Bhopal Badshahs 4-3 at the Surjeet Singh Hockey Stadium.
Inderjit Singh (35), Mandeep Antil (41), Gagan Ajit Singh (42) and Matthew Hotchkis (57) struck for the winners while Casey Henwood (46), Lalit Kumar Upadhyay (66) and Shailendra Singh Bundela (68) scored for the visitors.
In an exciting match, Inderjit gave Punjab the lead by scoring through penalty corner before Antil made it 2-0 in favour of the hosts. More agony was in store for Bhopal as Gagan Ajit struck Punjab`s third a minute later. Henwood reduced the margin for the visitors before Hotchkis made it 4-1.
Bhopal tried to make a comeback late into the match through Upadhyay and Bundela`s strikes, but their efforts were not enough. The home team comfortably led 4-1 midway through the third quarter, but had to work hard to safeguard their citadel to end the day with a narrow win.
Never the ones to give up, the Badshahs stuck twice in the last two minutes, but a draw remained a distant dream for the visitors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble