Sher-e-Punjab beat Bhopal Badshahs 4-3 in WSH
Jalandhar: Sher-e-Punjab on Saturday notched their sixth win in the World Series Hockey, beating Bhopal Badshahs 4-3 at the Surjeet Singh Hockey Stadium.
Inderjit Singh (35), Mandeep Antil (41), Gagan Ajit Singh (42) and Matthew Hotchkis (57) struck for the winners while Casey Henwood (46), Lalit Kumar Upadhyay (66) and Shailendra Singh Bundela (68) scored for the visitors.
In an exciting match, Inderjit gave Punjab the lead by scoring through penalty corner before Antil made it 2-0 in favour of the hosts. More agony was in store for Bhopal as Gagan Ajit struck Punjab`s third a minute later. Henwood reduced the margin for the visitors before Hotchkis made it 4-1.
Bhopal tried to make a comeback late into the match through Upadhyay and Bundela`s strikes, but their efforts were not enough. The home team comfortably led 4-1 midway through the third quarter, but had to work hard to safeguard their citadel to end the day with a narrow win.
Never the ones to give up, the Badshahs stuck twice in the last two minutes, but a draw remained a distant dream for the visitors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says