Shooter Manavjit signed by Anglian
New Delhi: A gold medallist at the Tucson World Cup in USA last month, ace trap shooter Manavjit Singh Sandhu has been signed up by Anglian Medal Hunt in a year that will see him take a shot at earning a quota place for the 2016 Olympics, besides competing in Commonwealth and Asian Games.
"I am glad to be associated with Anglian Medal Hunt Company which has taken great steps towards the development of Olympic sports in India. They have taken some fantastic initiatives to help sports people and have a different approach, which is very refreshing to see," the shooter said.
Manavjit produced some excellent shooting to clinch the men`s trap gold medal ahead of a two-time Olympic champion and another equally proven marksman at the ISSF Shotgun World Cup in Tucson.
With big international events lined up, the time ahead is going to be busy for Manavjit, who is currently training in Italy.
The Indian sharpshooter, who had last won at the World Cup stage four years ago, is supposed to compete in the upcoming ISSF World Cup in Almaty, Kazakhstan, after which the Indian shotgun team for the Commonwealth Games will be selected.
After the sudden closure of Mittal Champions Trust (MCT), Anglian Medal Hunt, a non-profit organisation, had zeroed in on world champion ace shooter Ronjan Sodhi.
There are around 30 athletes contracted with Anglian at present, with some of them as young as 11 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof