Shooter Pemba Tamang admitted to hospital, down with viral
New Delhi: Commonwealth Games gold medallist shooter Pemba Tamang has been admitted to a city hospital with viral fever, according to his friend and London Olympics silver medallist Vijay Kumar.
Arunachal Pradesh shooter Tamang shot into limelight after clinching the 25-metre rapid fire pistol gold at the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne.
Vijay, who rushed 33-year-old Tamang to Batra Hospital here, said his friend was in serious condition.
"Pemba tamang in serious condition, took him to batra hospital. `Get well soon`," Kumar wrote on his Facebook page.
"Pemba got viral fever and cold, glucose bottle on. Took blood for testing, don`t worry guys will save him. We are eye witness," he added.
Tamang shot 575 and finished 15th in men`s 25-metre rapid fire pistol in the ISSF World Cup in Fort Benning, United States this year.
Tamang had won the centre fire pistol gold with a score of 582 in the Sahara 56th National shooting championship last year.
In 2010, Tamang was in the news when he was stopped by immigration officials in Mumbai from boarding a flight to Beijing as his passport had the "invalid" stapled visa, which China issues to Indians from Jammu and Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened