Shooter Tara Shahdeo accuses husband of forceful conversion
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a shocking set of events on a possible `Love Jihad`, national level shooter Tara Shahdeo, has alleged that her husband Ranjit Kumar Kohli assaulted her because of her refusal to convert to Islam. Kohli kept Tara under confinement for one month, torturing and forcing her to convert to Islam. He even changed her name to Sara, to which she protested.
Ranjit Kumar Kohli`s actual name is Rakibul Hasan, and Tara got to know of this shocking revelation on the night of the marriage. Tara has accused her husband of beating her up and starving her of food. Hasan tortured her for a month and there are serious marks on her body off physical assault.
After suffering for a month, Tara decided to report her suffering to State National Commission for Women’s chief, Mahua Manjhi and BJP leader Ajay Nath Shahdev. Tara alleged that Rakibul did not disclose he was a Muslim and instead faked his identity as a Hindu.
Tara met Rakibul on shooting ranges where he was accompanied by three men who came to see her practice every day. The couple got married on July 7. A grand marriage ceremony took place and several big industrialists and politicians were set to have attended the event.
According to Tara, on the first night of their marriage Hasan called 20-25 Hajis and forced her to convert to Islam. After her constant refusal, she was beaten up.
Also, Tara accused Hasan of forcing himself on her as she was against the consummation of the wedding after the revelation of Hasan`s true identity.
This is a serious case of hidden identity, forceful physical assault based on religion and domestic violence. They got married on July 7, 2014 under Hindu rituals.
Finally, she mustered enough courage to request the maid to arrange a phone-call to her brother. Afterwards, she and her brother reported the matter to the local police. An FIR has been registered and now the police are looking for the absconding Hasan and his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Anil Kumble – Facts you must know about India's new coach
- 'Strong' Salman Khan can handle any controversy: Pulkit Samrat
- Vikas Krishan, Manoj Kumar book Olympic berths in Baku
- Is Kashmir major cause of tension between India and Pakistan? Pak Army says 'Yes'
- Cheers! Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approves sale of liquor in tetra packs