Shooter Tara Shahdeo accuses husband of forceful conversion
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a shocking set of events on a possible `Love Jihad`, national level shooter Tara Shahdeo, has alleged that her husband Ranjit Kumar Kohli assaulted her because of her refusal to convert to Islam. Kohli kept Tara under confinement for one month, torturing and forcing her to convert to Islam. He even changed her name to Sara, to which she protested.
Ranjit Kumar Kohli`s actual name is Rakibul Hasan, and Tara got to know of this shocking revelation on the night of the marriage. Tara has accused her husband of beating her up and starving her of food. Hasan tortured her for a month and there are serious marks on her body off physical assault.
After suffering for a month, Tara decided to report her suffering to State National Commission for Women’s chief, Mahua Manjhi and BJP leader Ajay Nath Shahdev. Tara alleged that Rakibul did not disclose he was a Muslim and instead faked his identity as a Hindu.
Tara met Rakibul on shooting ranges where he was accompanied by three men who came to see her practice every day. The couple got married on July 7. A grand marriage ceremony took place and several big industrialists and politicians were set to have attended the event.
According to Tara, on the first night of their marriage Hasan called 20-25 Hajis and forced her to convert to Islam. After her constant refusal, she was beaten up.
Also, Tara accused Hasan of forcing himself on her as she was against the consummation of the wedding after the revelation of Hasan`s true identity.
This is a serious case of hidden identity, forceful physical assault based on religion and domestic violence. They got married on July 7, 2014 under Hindu rituals.
Finally, she mustered enough courage to request the maid to arrange a phone-call to her brother. Afterwards, she and her brother reported the matter to the local police. An FIR has been registered and now the police are looking for the absconding Hasan and his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla