Showing aggression at wrong time cost me: Chitra
Bangalore: Chitra Magimairajan on Wednesday said that she lost the IBSF World Snooker Championships semifinals against Wendy Jans for showing aggression at wrong time.
"I started really well in the first frame with a break of 38 and then missed the routine blue in the second frame and gave away the lead. In the third frame Wendy had a break of 59. I showed aggression at wrong time," she told reporters after she and Vidya Pillai were felicitated by Karnataka State Billiards Association here.
On December 8, Chitra had lost to Wendy 1-4 in the semifinals and had to settle for a bronze at the World championship played at Daugapalis in Latvia.
Chitra said unlike earlier tournaments, she had peaked at the knock-out stages.
"I lost two matches and won four. I think it was a tough group," she added.
Chitra said she felt bad that she had to play against Indians before storming into the semifinal as otherwise, a couple of compatriots would have been in the last four round.
However, Chitra said three Indian women competing each other at world stage augured well for cue sport in the country.
Vidya Pillai, who had won the National 6-Red snooker title in September, said she was not expecting to win the tournament in Lucknow.
"I think my finishing was good in Lucknow. In the beginning I was making mistakes but towards the end I capitalized," she said.
Vidya said she was gunning for the upcoming 15-red National Snooker Championships beginning February next year in Lucknow and six-red World Snooker Championships also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional