Shuttler Ashwini starts well in Germany
Mulheim: Indian shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa got off to a winning start Wednesday when she won both her women`s and mixed doubles first round matches at the German Open Grand Prix Gold here.
Partnering Maharashtra`s Pradnya Gadre, the Bangalore girl overcame Dutch pairing of Samantha Barning and Eefje Muskens 22-20, 21-11 in 26 minutes at the RWE Sporthalle.
In the mixed doubles, Ashwini with Kerala shuttler Tarun Kona upset Indonesian fifth seeds Riky Widianto and Puspita Richi Dili in three games. The Indians won 23-25, 21-16, 21-17 in 53 minutes to set up a second round clash against experienced English pair of Chris Adcock and Gabrielle White.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III