Shuttler Kashyap reaches career-best ranking
New Delhi: Ace shuttler Parupalli Kashyap, who won the men`s single title at the Syed Modi International India Grand Prix Gold Sunday, jumped six places to reach his career-best ranking of 14th in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released Thursday.
The 26-year-old won his maiden tier-three event in Lucknow Sunday.
P.V. Sindhu, who lost in the women`s singles final of the Syed Modi tournament, also reached her career-best ranking of 19, jumping five places.
However, India`s badminton queen Saina Nehwal, who retired in Lucknow in controversial circumstances, will end the year as the third best in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- 7th Pay Commission: Here's why the latest bonanza won't amuse govt staffers much
- World Bank chief meets PM Modi, promises support to sustainable development
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket
- Gold price up Rs 100 at Rs 30,350 per ten grams; silver tops Rs 43k level