Shuttler Kashyap reaches career-best ranking
New Delhi: Ace shuttler Parupalli Kashyap, who won the men`s single title at the Syed Modi International India Grand Prix Gold Sunday, jumped six places to reach his career-best ranking of 14th in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released Thursday.
The 26-year-old won his maiden tier-three event in Lucknow Sunday.
P.V. Sindhu, who lost in the women`s singles final of the Syed Modi tournament, also reached her career-best ranking of 19, jumping five places.
However, India`s badminton queen Saina Nehwal, who retired in Lucknow in controversial circumstances, will end the year as the third best in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account