Shyamlal sets record in national weightlifting meet
Berhampur(Orissa): Shyamlal M of SSCB has set a record by lifting 188 kg in clean and jerk in men`s 94 kg category in the National Weightlifting Championship on his way to winning the title and three gold medals.
Shyamlal yesterday broke the earlier record set by Sukhwinder Singh of Punjab in the same category in 2009.
He also stood first in snatch by lifting 158 kg and 338 kg overall.
In the 69 kg women category, Monika Devi of Jharkhand stood first in snatch (99 kg), clean and jerk (116 kg) and total (215 kg) and bagged three gold medals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory