Sindhu enters India Open quarters
New Delhi: Eighth seed P.V. Sindhu of India entered the women`s singles quarter-finals at the India Open Super Series on Thursday, raising the possibility her showdown with Saina Nehwal.
The 17-year-old overcame unseeded Chinese Sun Yu 19-21, 21-19, 21-15 in one hour and eight minutes. This was Sindhu`s first win against the Chinese in two career meetings.
The Hyderabadi could face her city mate and World No.2 Saina, who will play her second round match against Yui Hashimoto of Japan here at the Siri Fort Sports Complex later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city