Sindhu enters India Open quarters
New Delhi: Eighth seed P.V. Sindhu of India entered the women`s singles quarter-finals at the India Open Super Series on Thursday, raising the possibility her showdown with Saina Nehwal.
The 17-year-old overcame unseeded Chinese Sun Yu 19-21, 21-19, 21-15 in one hour and eight minutes. This was Sindhu`s first win against the Chinese in two career meetings.
The Hyderabadi could face her city mate and World No.2 Saina, who will play her second round match against Yui Hashimoto of Japan here at the Siri Fort Sports Complex later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location