Sindhu enters India Open quarters
New Delhi: Eighth seed P.V. Sindhu of India entered the women`s singles quarter-finals at the India Open Super Series on Thursday, raising the possibility her showdown with Saina Nehwal.
The 17-year-old overcame unseeded Chinese Sun Yu 19-21, 21-19, 21-15 in one hour and eight minutes. This was Sindhu`s first win against the Chinese in two career meetings.
The Hyderabadi could face her city mate and World No.2 Saina, who will play her second round match against Yui Hashimoto of Japan here at the Siri Fort Sports Complex later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption