Sindhu enters India Open quarters
New Delhi: Eighth seed P.V. Sindhu of India entered the women`s singles quarter-finals at the India Open Super Series on Thursday, raising the possibility her showdown with Saina Nehwal.
The 17-year-old overcame unseeded Chinese Sun Yu 19-21, 21-19, 21-15 in one hour and eight minutes. This was Sindhu`s first win against the Chinese in two career meetings.
The Hyderabadi could face her city mate and World No.2 Saina, who will play her second round match against Yui Hashimoto of Japan here at the Siri Fort Sports Complex later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC
- OMG! 'Naagin' Mouni Roy has a doppelganger in another TV actress—Picture proof inside