Sindhu sets sight on top-10 bracket
Hyderabad: After winning her first major international title, the Malaysia Grand Prix Gold 2013, ace Indian shuttler P V Sindhu is aiming to break into top 10 by the end of this year.
She is currently ranked world number 13.
Sindhu arrived at the P Gopichand Badminton Academy to a grand welcome from the coaches staff and her peers.
She hopes do well in the Sudirman Cup and other tournaments to be played in the near future.
Sindhu dedicated her title victory to coach Gopichand, who she says is her role model.
Replying to a query, she said her most exciting moment was defeating former World Number one Li Xurei. And that she enjoys attacking rivals.
Appreciating Sindhu`s success, Gopichand said it has been a good journey for her in the last couple of years and but she needed to work harder.
Gopichand also said that future of badminton in the country looked exciting with a whole bunch of young players such as Gurusai Dutt, P Kashyap and the world Number two Saina Nehwal doing well at the international level.
Sindhu`s father P V Ramana thanked Gopichand for grooming his daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen