Sindhu sets sight on top-10 bracket
Hyderabad: After winning her first major international title, the Malaysia Grand Prix Gold 2013, ace Indian shuttler P V Sindhu is aiming to break into top 10 by the end of this year.
She is currently ranked world number 13.
Sindhu arrived at the P Gopichand Badminton Academy to a grand welcome from the coaches staff and her peers.
She hopes do well in the Sudirman Cup and other tournaments to be played in the near future.
Sindhu dedicated her title victory to coach Gopichand, who she says is her role model.
Replying to a query, she said her most exciting moment was defeating former World Number one Li Xurei. And that she enjoys attacking rivals.
Appreciating Sindhu`s success, Gopichand said it has been a good journey for her in the last couple of years and but she needed to work harder.
Gopichand also said that future of badminton in the country looked exciting with a whole bunch of young players such as Gurusai Dutt, P Kashyap and the world Number two Saina Nehwal doing well at the international level.
Sindhu`s father P V Ramana thanked Gopichand for grooming his daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa