Sivanthi Adityan re-elected VFI President
Chennai: B Sivanthi Adityan was unanimously re-elected as the President of the Volleyball Federation of India for 2009-13 at the Federation`s annual general and election meeting.
K Murugan was also unanimously re-elected Secretary General of the Federation.
Soon after his re-election, Adityan announced an increase in the amount sanctioned to the junior men`s team for their excellent performance at the recently concluded FIVB 2009 junior men`s world championship at Pune from Rs five lakh to Rs 7.5 lakh, a Federation release said.
Other officer bearers are:
Executive Vice-Presidents(Meeting & Admn-Events, Disciplinary & Age-screening) : Rajkumar, Kuldip Vats; Vice-Presidents:L.Venkatram Reddy,Gobichand Gehlot,Lokesh Gowda,Shekhar Bose,Kumar Deepak Das;Associate Vice-Presidents: Irvin Soares,Prabhir hakraborty,Ramlal Verma,Vijaypal Singh Associate Secretaries,Events-coaching&teams:Rathin Roy Chaudhury, A.Ramana Rao; Treasurer:Kuldip Magotra;lJoint secretaries:Ramavtra Singh Jakhar, Prof.K.T.Abdurahiman, K.Nandakumar, B.L.Malhotra, R.R.Patel, Vijay Rahirkar, Mohd. Akaram Khan; Woman Selection & Promotion: Jaisamma Moothedam, Vaishali (women members) Meena Mahalingam, Mahamaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report