Six outstation teams for Guru Tegh Bahadur Hockey
Mumbai: Eight teams including six from outside Mumbai will be participating in the 10th Guru Tegh Bahadur Gold Cup Hockey Tournament, to be held at the MHA Mahindra Stadium here from May 12-18.
The tournament, revived after 2010 when Air India won it, is to be played in a round robin phase initially with four teams in each group followed by the cross-cross semi finals, Mumbai Hockey Association secretary Ram Singh Rathor said at a media conference today.
The teams that are taking part in the Rs 2.25-lakh prize money tournament are Air India, Army XI, Tamil Nadu XI, Western Railway (all in Group A), Indian Oil, CAG, South Central Railway and Indian Navy (Group B).
Rathor said while the Netherlands-bound Indian World Cup squad members would not be seen in action, but a number of other top players would take part.
"A lot of other top players would take part. The winners would be richer by Rs 1.25 lakh while the runners up would get Rs 75,000. In addition, we will give Rs 10,000 to the player of the tournament besides Rs 5,000 each to the best goalkeeper, defender and forward," he said.
The semifinals are scheduled for May 17 followed by the final the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS