Snooker: Aditya reaches last-16 in Snooker World Championships
Bangkok: Former Asian Champion Aditya Mehta on Sunday became the only Indian to qualify for the last-16 stage of the Sangsom 6 Red Snooker World Championships here.
He defeated Dechawat Pooma of Thailand with a lead score of 64.
The match was a see saw affair as Aditya and Dechawat were locked 44 before the Indian took the lead in the ninth and 10th frame consecutively.
"I was really looking forward to the 6 Red Worlds after my victory at the Asian Snooker Championships this year," Aditya said.
"I see myself coming through pretty well. It`s an achievement for me to be the only Indian in the `Last 16` stage of the tournament."
Aditya will be playing Panompai Powises of Thailand next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III