Snooker: Aditya reaches last-16 in Snooker World Championships
Bangkok: Former Asian Champion Aditya Mehta on Sunday became the only Indian to qualify for the last-16 stage of the Sangsom 6 Red Snooker World Championships here.
He defeated Dechawat Pooma of Thailand with a lead score of 64.
The match was a see saw affair as Aditya and Dechawat were locked 44 before the Indian took the lead in the ninth and 10th frame consecutively.
"I was really looking forward to the 6 Red Worlds after my victory at the Asian Snooker Championships this year," Aditya said.
"I see myself coming through pretty well. It`s an achievement for me to be the only Indian in the `Last 16` stage of the tournament."
Aditya will be playing Panompai Powises of Thailand next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'