Sochi to finish Olympic lanes construction by year end
Moscow: Lanes specially reserved for the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games will be prepared by the end of the year, a steering committee official said.
"Only accredited vehicles will be able to travel in the some 370-km long Olympic lanes," Andrei Zhukov, who is in charge of transport issues with the organising committee, was quoted saying.
Special signs referring to the Olympics will be implemented on the roads and those who breach the rules will face penalties of $160 -$320, the official added.
The lanes will appear on the coast-to-mountain road that connects the Olympic Park coastal cluster with the skiing and sledding venues as well as all routes around Adler train station, which serves the Olympic Park.
It is unclear if they will stretch some 10 km northwest into downtown Sochi.
President Vladimir Putin slashed the delayed infrastructure construction work in an inspection to the Olympic cluster earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan
- Intex unveils Cloud Tread smartphone for multi-taskers at Rs 4,999