Sochi to finish Olympic lanes construction by year end
Moscow: Lanes specially reserved for the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games will be prepared by the end of the year, a steering committee official said.
"Only accredited vehicles will be able to travel in the some 370-km long Olympic lanes," Andrei Zhukov, who is in charge of transport issues with the organising committee, was quoted saying.
Special signs referring to the Olympics will be implemented on the roads and those who breach the rules will face penalties of $160 -$320, the official added.
The lanes will appear on the coast-to-mountain road that connects the Olympic Park coastal cluster with the skiing and sledding venues as well as all routes around Adler train station, which serves the Olympic Park.
It is unclear if they will stretch some 10 km northwest into downtown Sochi.
President Vladimir Putin slashed the delayed infrastructure construction work in an inspection to the Olympic cluster earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...