Sochi to finish Olympic lanes construction by year end
Moscow: Lanes specially reserved for the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games will be prepared by the end of the year, a steering committee official said.
"Only accredited vehicles will be able to travel in the some 370-km long Olympic lanes," Andrei Zhukov, who is in charge of transport issues with the organising committee, was quoted saying.
Special signs referring to the Olympics will be implemented on the roads and those who breach the rules will face penalties of $160 -$320, the official added.
The lanes will appear on the coast-to-mountain road that connects the Olympic Park coastal cluster with the skiing and sledding venues as well as all routes around Adler train station, which serves the Olympic Park.
It is unclear if they will stretch some 10 km northwest into downtown Sochi.
President Vladimir Putin slashed the delayed infrastructure construction work in an inspection to the Olympic cluster earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'