Sochi to finish Olympic lanes construction by year end
Moscow: Lanes specially reserved for the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games will be prepared by the end of the year, a steering committee official said.
"Only accredited vehicles will be able to travel in the some 370-km long Olympic lanes," Andrei Zhukov, who is in charge of transport issues with the organising committee, was quoted saying.
Special signs referring to the Olympics will be implemented on the roads and those who breach the rules will face penalties of $160 -$320, the official added.
The lanes will appear on the coast-to-mountain road that connects the Olympic Park coastal cluster with the skiing and sledding venues as well as all routes around Adler train station, which serves the Olympic Park.
It is unclear if they will stretch some 10 km northwest into downtown Sochi.
President Vladimir Putin slashed the delayed infrastructure construction work in an inspection to the Olympic cluster earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump asked to stop talking about Benghazi victims
- Under construction building collapses in Hyderabad, several labourers trapped
- What a dance! Pakistan's 'Hrithik Roshan' enthralls judges of America's Got Talent - WATCH
- BSF, Pakistan Rangers to hold DG-level talks in Islamabad next week
- Colossal buzz! Karan Johar mighty impressed with Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo'- See teaser poster