Sochi to finish Olympic lanes construction by year end
Moscow: Lanes specially reserved for the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games will be prepared by the end of the year, a steering committee official said.
"Only accredited vehicles will be able to travel in the some 370-km long Olympic lanes," Andrei Zhukov, who is in charge of transport issues with the organising committee, was quoted saying.
Special signs referring to the Olympics will be implemented on the roads and those who breach the rules will face penalties of $160 -$320, the official added.
The lanes will appear on the coast-to-mountain road that connects the Olympic Park coastal cluster with the skiing and sledding venues as well as all routes around Adler train station, which serves the Olympic Park.
It is unclear if they will stretch some 10 km northwest into downtown Sochi.
President Vladimir Putin slashed the delayed infrastructure construction work in an inspection to the Olympic cluster earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble