Sodhi wins gold in double trap
New Delhi: Ace shooter Ronjan Sodhi won the double trap gold, while another top marksman Sanjeev Rajput bagged the yellow metal in the 50m rifle 3 position event in the 57th National Shooting Championship at Dr Karni Singh Range here on Monday.
Ronjan Shot 27 out of possible 30 against silver medallist Ajay Mittal`s score of 25/30. Mohammed Asab of Uttar Pradesh won the bronze in the final fight with Ankur Mittal. Asab shot 30 out of possible 30 score against 27/30 of Ankur in the fight for bronze medal.
2004 Athens Olympics silver medallist Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore finished seventh in the event with 129 points as he did not participate in the final round.
Meanwhile, Olympian Rajput bagged the gold in 50m rifle 3 position event with Gagan Narang finishing second. Narang had won a bronze in the 10 meter air rifle event in 2012 London Olympics.
Rajput of Navy shot 456.1 to win the gold, while Narang scored 448.6 to claim the silver, followed by Chain Singh of Army who shot 437.1 to win the bronze. Sanjeev, Narang and Chain Singh scored 1174, 1159 and 1159 points in the qualification round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best