Soler out of danger after horror crash
London: Colombian Juan Mauricio Soler is out of danger after suffering severe head injuries in a crash in the Tour of Switzerland last week, his Movistar team said.
"His condition is no longer life-threatening. He has begun to make light movements and tests seem to rule out spinal injury," team doctor Alfredo Zuniga said.
"Now we have to see the evolution of possible neurological damage, a process in which we must be patient. Mauricio is still in the intensive care unit and he will stay there for several days."
Top level cycling was hit by two tragedies last month.
Belgium`s Wouter Weylandt died after a crash in the Giro d`Italia while Movistar`s Catalan rider Xavier Tondo was killed after an accident with a garage door.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites