Soumyajit to lead Indian TT Contingent for Lusofonia Games
New Delhi: Reigning national champion Soumyajit Ghosh will lead a five-strong Indian men`s table tennis team in the Lusofonia Games to be held in Goa from January 18 to 29. Ghosh is the youngest Indian national champion, having won the title by beating Sharath Kamal.
He was also the youngest Indian to qualify for the London Olympics.
The others in the Indian men`s team are Anthony Amalraj (Tamil Nadu), Harmeet Desai (Gujarat), Adarsh P (Goa) and Diljeet Vilingkar (Goa).
Completing the Indian contingent is the women`s team comprising of K. Shamini (Tamil Nadu), Madhurika Patkar (Mumbai), Ankita Das (West Bengal), Tanisi Kirtani (Goa) and Divya D`Mello (Goa).
The Lusofonia Games will see participation from over 1500 athletes and officials from 12 nations. Participating countries are founding members Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Goa (India), Macau (China), Mozambique, Portugal, Sao Tome and Principe and Sri Lanka.
Athletes from 12 nations will compete in nine different sporting disciplines ? Athletics, Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Football, Judo, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Volleyball and Wushu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today