Soumyajit to lead Indian TT Contingent for Lusofonia Games
New Delhi: Reigning national champion Soumyajit Ghosh will lead a five-strong Indian men`s table tennis team in the Lusofonia Games to be held in Goa from January 18 to 29. Ghosh is the youngest Indian national champion, having won the title by beating Sharath Kamal.
He was also the youngest Indian to qualify for the London Olympics.
The others in the Indian men`s team are Anthony Amalraj (Tamil Nadu), Harmeet Desai (Gujarat), Adarsh P (Goa) and Diljeet Vilingkar (Goa).
Completing the Indian contingent is the women`s team comprising of K. Shamini (Tamil Nadu), Madhurika Patkar (Mumbai), Ankita Das (West Bengal), Tanisi Kirtani (Goa) and Divya D`Mello (Goa).
The Lusofonia Games will see participation from over 1500 athletes and officials from 12 nations. Participating countries are founding members Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Goa (India), Macau (China), Mozambique, Portugal, Sao Tome and Principe and Sri Lanka.
Athletes from 12 nations will compete in nine different sporting disciplines ? Athletics, Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Football, Judo, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Volleyball and Wushu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Brazilian research proves Aedes aegypti mosquito as source of Zika virus!
- 'Nokia could cut 10,000-15,000 jobs worldwide'
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016
- Air ambulance with seven people crash lands in Delhi's Najafgarh
- Nehru, Gandhi family responsible for rising rapes in India, says Rajasthan BJP MLA Gyandev Ahuja