Sourav Ganguly, Leander Paes to receive awards from Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee would felicitate former Team India captain Sourav Ganguly and tennis ace Leander Paes with prestigious `Khel Ratna` awards for life-time achievement in their respective areas at a function on September 28.
Announcing this here today, state`s Sports Minister Madan Mitra said that several other eminent sports personalities would also be awarded by the Chief Minister on the occasion for their brilliant performances in respective events.
While 26 sports personalities would receive `Khel Samman` awards, 12 persons would receive `Krira Guru` awards and 20 persons would receive `Banglar Gourav` awards.
Award money for the each Khel Ratna, Khel Samman, Krira Guru and Banglar Gourav is Rs 5 lakh, Rs 50,000, Rs 1 Lakh and Rs 1 lakh respectively, Mitra said.
A residential football academy, sponsored by West Bengal Sports Council, would also be announced on the occasion, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Turkey mends fences with Israel and Russia in foreign policy reset
- Roy Hodgson quits as England boss after Iceland humiliation
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission