Sourav Ganguly, Leander Paes to receive awards from Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee would felicitate former Team India captain Sourav Ganguly and tennis ace Leander Paes with prestigious `Khel Ratna` awards for life-time achievement in their respective areas at a function on September 28.
Announcing this here today, state`s Sports Minister Madan Mitra said that several other eminent sports personalities would also be awarded by the Chief Minister on the occasion for their brilliant performances in respective events.
While 26 sports personalities would receive `Khel Samman` awards, 12 persons would receive `Krira Guru` awards and 20 persons would receive `Banglar Gourav` awards.
Award money for the each Khel Ratna, Khel Samman, Krira Guru and Banglar Gourav is Rs 5 lakh, Rs 50,000, Rs 1 Lakh and Rs 1 lakh respectively, Mitra said.
A residential football academy, sponsored by West Bengal Sports Council, would also be announced on the occasion, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you