Sourav Ganguly, Leander Paes to receive awards from Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee would felicitate former Team India captain Sourav Ganguly and tennis ace Leander Paes with prestigious `Khel Ratna` awards for life-time achievement in their respective areas at a function on September 28.
Announcing this here today, state`s Sports Minister Madan Mitra said that several other eminent sports personalities would also be awarded by the Chief Minister on the occasion for their brilliant performances in respective events.
While 26 sports personalities would receive `Khel Samman` awards, 12 persons would receive `Krira Guru` awards and 20 persons would receive `Banglar Gourav` awards.
Award money for the each Khel Ratna, Khel Samman, Krira Guru and Banglar Gourav is Rs 5 lakh, Rs 50,000, Rs 1 Lakh and Rs 1 lakh respectively, Mitra said.
A residential football academy, sponsored by West Bengal Sports Council, would also be announced on the occasion, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?