South Asian Junior TT shifted to Delhi
New Delhi: The Capital will host the South Asian Junior Table Tennis Championships next month instead of Ranchi after the organisers in Jharkhand expressed their inability to the stage the event.
The July 20-22 event will take place at Indira Gandhi Sports Complex.
Table Tennis Federation of India Secretary General Dhanraj Choudhary told PTI that the Jhrakhand unit secretary has expressed his inability to be involved in the tournament because if his illness.
"The venue has been shifted to Delhi and we took this decision around 15 days ago. The secretary of Jharkhand unit is not keeping good health and so he has expressed his inability to host the tournament," Choudhary said.
"This is an important tournament and the winner and runner-up country will get direct qualification in the Asian Junior Championships," he added.
India are the defending champions of the tournament.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India