South Asian Junior TT shifted to Delhi
New Delhi: The Capital will host the South Asian Junior Table Tennis Championships next month instead of Ranchi after the organisers in Jharkhand expressed their inability to the stage the event.
The July 20-22 event will take place at Indira Gandhi Sports Complex.
Table Tennis Federation of India Secretary General Dhanraj Choudhary told PTI that the Jhrakhand unit secretary has expressed his inability to be involved in the tournament because if his illness.
"The venue has been shifted to Delhi and we took this decision around 15 days ago. The secretary of Jharkhand unit is not keeping good health and so he has expressed his inability to host the tournament," Choudhary said.
"This is an important tournament and the winner and runner-up country will get direct qualification in the Asian Junior Championships," he added.
India are the defending champions of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4
- Flood situation worsens in Assam; Uttarakhand experiences intermittent rain
- Katrina Kaif JOKES about her actual thought behind 'Kala Chashma'—READ inside!