South Asian Junior TT shifted to Delhi
New Delhi: The Capital will host the South Asian Junior Table Tennis Championships next month instead of Ranchi after the organisers in Jharkhand expressed their inability to the stage the event.
The July 20-22 event will take place at Indira Gandhi Sports Complex.
Table Tennis Federation of India Secretary General Dhanraj Choudhary told PTI that the Jhrakhand unit secretary has expressed his inability to be involved in the tournament because if his illness.
"The venue has been shifted to Delhi and we took this decision around 15 days ago. The secretary of Jharkhand unit is not keeping good health and so he has expressed his inability to host the tournament," Choudhary said.
"This is an important tournament and the winner and runner-up country will get direct qualification in the Asian Junior Championships," he added.
India are the defending champions of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sushma Swaraj calls on Myanmar President
- HEINOUS! Woman set on fire in Delhi for allegedly rejecting marriage proposal
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says she will not resign from Rajya Sabha
- New research identifies role of mood in making decisions
- Teachers tend to favour middle-class students: Study