Spain`s Alegre brothers to figure in HIL players` auction
New Delhi: The experienced Alegre brothers -- Ramon and David -- are among the leading Spanish hockey players who have signed up to be a part of the Hockey India League Players` Auction to be held next month.
The 31-year-old Ramon Alegre, who led Spain in the London Games earlier this year, has 237 caps to his credit.
He has represented Spain in three Olympics starting with Athens in 2004 where the European nation finished fourth.
Ramon has also been a part of two World Cups in 2006 and 2010 and as many as seven Champions Trophy tournaments since 2004, a release from the HI stated.
The star defender, who was nominated as member of the FIH All Star Team in 2011, is among the five players from his country with an overall experience of more than 150 internationals that have signed up for HIL, the release added.
Meanwhile, his younger brother David Alegre, who will also be a part of the auction, has scored 55 goals for his country from as many as 201 appearances.
Like Ramon, David has also represented Spain in three Olympic Games besides two FIH World Cup tournaments and seven FIH Champions Trophy events since 2004.
The midfielder, who earned a nomination as FIH Young Player of the Year in 2006, was part of the FIH All Star Team in 2010 and 2011.
The other Spaniard in the auctions list is 34-year-old Pol Amat.
The veteran forward has 150 goals in 304 matches to his credit and comes with an experience of playing in five Olympic Games since 1996.
Amat, a former captain, has also played in four FIH World Cup tournaments and nine FIH Champions Trophy events.
Apart from Alegre brothers and veteran Amat, the other Spanish player to be in the run for a place in HIL is Alex Fabregas.
The 31-year-old midfielder has as many as 226 caps to his credit, including three Olympic Games, two FIH World Cup events and eight FIH Champions Trophy tournaments.
Defender Sergi Enrique, 25, on the other hand comes with an experience of 151 matches, including the 2008 Beijing Olympics and two FIH Champions Trophy events.
Other Spanish players who will be put under hammer next month include 25-year-old striker Roger Borrell and goalkeepers Xavier Trench and Oriol Fabregas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490