Special athletes win 387 medals at Asia Pacific Olympics
New Delhi: Indian special athletes have returned with a rich haul of 387 medals, including 111 gold, in the first Asia pacific Olympic Games held in Newcastle, Australia from December 1 to 7.
Competing against 2200 Athletes from 29 nations, the Indian team won 111 gold, 136 Silver and 140 Bronze across Athletics, Aquatics, Basketball, Badminton, Cricket, Football and Table Tennis, a release stated.
Kirti Kalra, 18, and her sister Simran Kalra, 13, both with intellectual disabilities and impaired hearing effecting their speech, won three gold medals each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?