Special athletes win 387 medals at Asia Pacific Olympics
New Delhi: Indian special athletes have returned with a rich haul of 387 medals, including 111 gold, in the first Asia pacific Olympic Games held in Newcastle, Australia from December 1 to 7.
Competing against 2200 Athletes from 29 nations, the Indian team won 111 gold, 136 Silver and 140 Bronze across Athletics, Aquatics, Basketball, Badminton, Cricket, Football and Table Tennis, a release stated.
Kirti Kalra, 18, and her sister Simran Kalra, 13, both with intellectual disabilities and impaired hearing effecting their speech, won three gold medals each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman