Special athletes win 387 medals at Asia Pacific Olympics
New Delhi: Indian special athletes have returned with a rich haul of 387 medals, including 111 gold, in the first Asia pacific Olympic Games held in Newcastle, Australia from December 1 to 7.
Competing against 2200 Athletes from 29 nations, the Indian team won 111 gold, 136 Silver and 140 Bronze across Athletics, Aquatics, Basketball, Badminton, Cricket, Football and Table Tennis, a release stated.
Kirti Kalra, 18, and her sister Simran Kalra, 13, both with intellectual disabilities and impaired hearing effecting their speech, won three gold medals each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!