Special athletes win 387 medals at Asia Pacific Olympics
New Delhi: Indian special athletes have returned with a rich haul of 387 medals, including 111 gold, in the first Asia pacific Olympic Games held in Newcastle, Australia from December 1 to 7.
Competing against 2200 Athletes from 29 nations, the Indian team won 111 gold, 136 Silver and 140 Bronze across Athletics, Aquatics, Basketball, Badminton, Cricket, Football and Table Tennis, a release stated.
Kirti Kalra, 18, and her sister Simran Kalra, 13, both with intellectual disabilities and impaired hearing effecting their speech, won three gold medals each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price