Sports Illustrated to debut in India on Oct 5
New Delhi: The Indian edition of the American sports magazine, Sports Illustrated, will hit the stands on October 5 at a cover price of Rs 100.
Founded in 1954, the Time Warner publication would be launched in India by Dennis Media Transasia (DMT) (a 50:50 joint venture between UK-based Dennis Media and India`s Media Transasia ) under a licensing agreement with the American media conglomerate.
"Sports Illustrated will be launched as a monthly with a
print run of one lakh copies. It will provide in-depth
analysis to readers across sports like golf, football, Formula
One, horse racing, tennis and cricket," Dennis Media Transasia
Publishing Director Richard Downey said.
Sports Illustrated, which sells 3.2 million copies a week
in the US, will compete with existing sports magazines like
Sports Star and All Sports in India.
Cricketers Sourav Ganguli, Mohammad Kaif and Farooq
Engineer and golfer Shiv Kapur have been roped in to write
columns for the magazine, Downey said.
The magazine has earmarked Rs 50 lakh as marketing and
promotion budget. "We will have TV commercials, web ads and
a series of print ads running...We have earmarked Rs 50 lakh
for this," Downey said.
The company has also signed an exclusive distribution
deal with Reebok for selling the magazine through its outlets,
DMT also publishes music magazine Blender and Maxim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video