Sports Illustrated to debut in India on Oct 5
New Delhi: The Indian edition of the American sports magazine, Sports Illustrated, will hit the stands on October 5 at a cover price of Rs 100.
Founded in 1954, the Time Warner publication would be launched in India by Dennis Media Transasia (DMT) (a 50:50 joint venture between UK-based Dennis Media and India`s Media Transasia ) under a licensing agreement with the American media conglomerate.
"Sports Illustrated will be launched as a monthly with a
print run of one lakh copies. It will provide in-depth
analysis to readers across sports like golf, football, Formula
One, horse racing, tennis and cricket," Dennis Media Transasia
Publishing Director Richard Downey said.
Sports Illustrated, which sells 3.2 million copies a week
in the US, will compete with existing sports magazines like
Sports Star and All Sports in India.
Cricketers Sourav Ganguli, Mohammad Kaif and Farooq
Engineer and golfer Shiv Kapur have been roped in to write
columns for the magazine, Downey said.
The magazine has earmarked Rs 50 lakh as marketing and
promotion budget. "We will have TV commercials, web ads and
a series of print ads running...We have earmarked Rs 50 lakh
for this," Downey said.
The company has also signed an exclusive distribution
deal with Reebok for selling the magazine through its outlets,
DMT also publishes music magazine Blender and Maxim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why