Sports Minister attends shooting trials in his constituency
Alwar: The Sports Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday inaugurated a selection trial for the shooters at Sports Authority of India (SAI) centre here and also sanctioned Rs 15 lakh for developing boxing infrastructure in the region.
Around 102 shooters participated in the regional trials that were overseen by former international shooter and SAI shooting coach, Rajpal.
Jitendra, who was here to encourage shooters in his parliamentary constituency, also drew attention towards maintaining good facilities and providing healthy food to the trainees at the centre.
The Minister`s wife, Ambika Singh, who was a former shooter herself, was also present on the occasion and she encouraged the youngsters.
"The SAI centre will also run a special campaign for selection of girls in athletics, hockey, basketball, boxing and shooting on September 8-9," Executive Director (Stadia), P C Kashyap said.
Alwar will also host a shooting competition from February 6 to 9 next year, where all budding shooters from all SAI centres in the country will take part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand