Sports Minister attends shooting trials in his constituency
Alwar: The Sports Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday inaugurated a selection trial for the shooters at Sports Authority of India (SAI) centre here and also sanctioned Rs 15 lakh for developing boxing infrastructure in the region.
Around 102 shooters participated in the regional trials that were overseen by former international shooter and SAI shooting coach, Rajpal.
Jitendra, who was here to encourage shooters in his parliamentary constituency, also drew attention towards maintaining good facilities and providing healthy food to the trainees at the centre.
The Minister`s wife, Ambika Singh, who was a former shooter herself, was also present on the occasion and she encouraged the youngsters.
"The SAI centre will also run a special campaign for selection of girls in athletics, hockey, basketball, boxing and shooting on September 8-9," Executive Director (Stadia), P C Kashyap said.
Alwar will also host a shooting competition from February 6 to 9 next year, where all budding shooters from all SAI centres in the country will take part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway