Sports Minister chairs meeting RGNIYD executive council meet
New Delhi: The 29th meeting of the Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development`s Executive Council was held here today under the chairmanship of Sports Minister Jitendra Singh.
The meeting was attended by, among others, Secretary, Youth Affairs Rajiv Gupta, Vice President of the Executive Council, C.R. Kesavan, Prof. Rajeev Gowda, Dulichand Jain and officials of Department of Youth Affairs.
Chairing the meeting, Singh noted that RGNIYD, located at Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu has been elevated to the status of `Institution of National Importance`.
To this effect, a bill was introduced in the Parliament on December 21, 2011 and subsequently, RGNIYD Act was notified on August 31, 2012.
The important decisions taken at today`s meeting include the introduction of an innovative M A programme on Development Practice.
Also, 29 vacant posts will be filled on priority basis and another 20 positions will be created at different levels to augment the functioning of RGNIYD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur