Sports Minister chairs meeting RGNIYD executive council meet
New Delhi: The 29th meeting of the Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development`s Executive Council was held here today under the chairmanship of Sports Minister Jitendra Singh.
The meeting was attended by, among others, Secretary, Youth Affairs Rajiv Gupta, Vice President of the Executive Council, C.R. Kesavan, Prof. Rajeev Gowda, Dulichand Jain and officials of Department of Youth Affairs.
Chairing the meeting, Singh noted that RGNIYD, located at Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu has been elevated to the status of `Institution of National Importance`.
To this effect, a bill was introduced in the Parliament on December 21, 2011 and subsequently, RGNIYD Act was notified on August 31, 2012.
The important decisions taken at today`s meeting include the introduction of an innovative M A programme on Development Practice.
Also, 29 vacant posts will be filled on priority basis and another 20 positions will be created at different levels to augment the functioning of RGNIYD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional