Sports Minister chairs meeting RGNIYD executive council meet
New Delhi: The 29th meeting of the Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development`s Executive Council was held here today under the chairmanship of Sports Minister Jitendra Singh.
The meeting was attended by, among others, Secretary, Youth Affairs Rajiv Gupta, Vice President of the Executive Council, C.R. Kesavan, Prof. Rajeev Gowda, Dulichand Jain and officials of Department of Youth Affairs.
Chairing the meeting, Singh noted that RGNIYD, located at Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu has been elevated to the status of `Institution of National Importance`.
To this effect, a bill was introduced in the Parliament on December 21, 2011 and subsequently, RGNIYD Act was notified on August 31, 2012.
The important decisions taken at today`s meeting include the introduction of an innovative M A programme on Development Practice.
Also, 29 vacant posts will be filled on priority basis and another 20 positions will be created at different levels to augment the functioning of RGNIYD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends