Sports Ministry likely to derecognise Athletics Federation of India: Reports
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry is planning to derecognise the Athletics Federation of India (AFI), according to media reports.
This came after government derecognised the Indian Amateur Boxing Federation (IABF) and the Archery Association of India (AAI) a few days back.
The Indian Boxing Federation was suspended for “possible manipulation” in its recent elections, throwing the participation of Indian boxers in international events into jeopardy.
The government also cracked the whip by de-recognising the Archery Association of India and suspending the recognition of the Indian Boxing Federation and giving it 15 days to confirm a re-election.
However, Adille Sumariwalla, president of the AFI, said nonrecognition reports are completely untrue and false.
He said that government has no reason to derecognise the AFI as they have implemented age and tenure guidelines in their elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das