Sports Ministry likely to derecognise Athletics Federation of India: Reports
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry is planning to derecognise the Athletics Federation of India (AFI), according to media reports.
This came after government derecognised the Indian Amateur Boxing Federation (IABF) and the Archery Association of India (AAI) a few days back.
The Indian Boxing Federation was suspended for “possible manipulation” in its recent elections, throwing the participation of Indian boxers in international events into jeopardy.
The government also cracked the whip by de-recognising the Archery Association of India and suspending the recognition of the Indian Boxing Federation and giving it 15 days to confirm a re-election.
However, Adille Sumariwalla, president of the AFI, said nonrecognition reports are completely untrue and false.
He said that government has no reason to derecognise the AFI as they have implemented age and tenure guidelines in their elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites