Sports Ministry likely to derecognise Athletics Federation of India: Reports
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry is planning to derecognise the Athletics Federation of India (AFI), according to media reports.
This came after government derecognised the Indian Amateur Boxing Federation (IABF) and the Archery Association of India (AAI) a few days back.
The Indian Boxing Federation was suspended for “possible manipulation” in its recent elections, throwing the participation of Indian boxers in international events into jeopardy.
The government also cracked the whip by de-recognising the Archery Association of India and suspending the recognition of the Indian Boxing Federation and giving it 15 days to confirm a re-election.
However, Adille Sumariwalla, president of the AFI, said nonrecognition reports are completely untrue and false.
He said that government has no reason to derecognise the AFI as they have implemented age and tenure guidelines in their elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!