Sports Ministry likely to derecognise Athletics Federation of India: Reports
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry is planning to derecognise the Athletics Federation of India (AFI), according to media reports.
This came after government derecognised the Indian Amateur Boxing Federation (IABF) and the Archery Association of India (AAI) a few days back.
The Indian Boxing Federation was suspended for “possible manipulation” in its recent elections, throwing the participation of Indian boxers in international events into jeopardy.
The government also cracked the whip by de-recognising the Archery Association of India and suspending the recognition of the Indian Boxing Federation and giving it 15 days to confirm a re-election.
However, Adille Sumariwalla, president of the AFI, said nonrecognition reports are completely untrue and false.
He said that government has no reason to derecognise the AFI as they have implemented age and tenure guidelines in their elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video