Sports Ministry likely to derecognise Athletics Federation of India: Reports
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry is planning to derecognise the Athletics Federation of India (AFI), according to media reports.
This came after government derecognised the Indian Amateur Boxing Federation (IABF) and the Archery Association of India (AAI) a few days back.
The Indian Boxing Federation was suspended for “possible manipulation” in its recent elections, throwing the participation of Indian boxers in international events into jeopardy.
The government also cracked the whip by de-recognising the Archery Association of India and suspending the recognition of the Indian Boxing Federation and giving it 15 days to confirm a re-election.
However, Adille Sumariwalla, president of the AFI, said nonrecognition reports are completely untrue and false.
He said that government has no reason to derecognise the AFI as they have implemented age and tenure guidelines in their elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'