Sports Ministry shots off letter to all state governments
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry has shot off a letter to all the state governments urging them to provide the list of the recognised state associations/units, which are affiliated with the National Sports Federations, before February 5.
In the letter sent to all secretaries (sports) of state governments/UT administrations, the Union Ministry has requested them to furnish names of the office bearers of recognised state associations/units, their addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses on "top priority" basis.
It also asked for similar details in respect of state/UT Olympic Associations also.
"The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports deals with the recognised National Sports Federations (NSFs) which are autonomous in functioning and responsible for promotion of their respective sports disciplines in the country," the ministry letter read.
"The Ministry provides necessary financial assistance in accordance with the approved pattern under the Scheme of `Assistance to National Sports Federations` to the recognised NSFs for organising national/international tournaments in India, participation in training/competitions abroad, engagement of foreign coaches, equipment support etc," the letter further said.
The ministry has granted recognition to 53 NSFs.
The NSFs in turn take the assistance of their affiliated State Association/Units for organising tournaments and other related activities for promotion of sports in the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor
- French court suspends burkini ban after challenge
- Flipkart rejigs top order to 'simplify' organisation
- PM Modi announces task force to prepare action plan for next three Olympic Games
- US economic growth estimate for 2nd quarter cut to 1.1%