Sports Ministry shots off letter to all state governments
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry has shot off a letter to all the state governments urging them to provide the list of the recognised state associations/units, which are affiliated with the National Sports Federations, before February 5.
In the letter sent to all secretaries (sports) of state governments/UT administrations, the Union Ministry has requested them to furnish names of the office bearers of recognised state associations/units, their addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses on "top priority" basis.
It also asked for similar details in respect of state/UT Olympic Associations also.
"The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports deals with the recognised National Sports Federations (NSFs) which are autonomous in functioning and responsible for promotion of their respective sports disciplines in the country," the ministry letter read.
"The Ministry provides necessary financial assistance in accordance with the approved pattern under the Scheme of `Assistance to National Sports Federations` to the recognised NSFs for organising national/international tournaments in India, participation in training/competitions abroad, engagement of foreign coaches, equipment support etc," the letter further said.
The ministry has granted recognition to 53 NSFs.
The NSFs in turn take the assistance of their affiliated State Association/Units for organising tournaments and other related activities for promotion of sports in the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon