Sports Ministry shots off letter to all state governments
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry has shot off a letter to all the state governments urging them to provide the list of the recognised state associations/units, which are affiliated with the National Sports Federations, before February 5.
In the letter sent to all secretaries (sports) of state governments/UT administrations, the Union Ministry has requested them to furnish names of the office bearers of recognised state associations/units, their addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses on "top priority" basis.
It also asked for similar details in respect of state/UT Olympic Associations also.
"The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports deals with the recognised National Sports Federations (NSFs) which are autonomous in functioning and responsible for promotion of their respective sports disciplines in the country," the ministry letter read.
"The Ministry provides necessary financial assistance in accordance with the approved pattern under the Scheme of `Assistance to National Sports Federations` to the recognised NSFs for organising national/international tournaments in India, participation in training/competitions abroad, engagement of foreign coaches, equipment support etc," the letter further said.
The ministry has granted recognition to 53 NSFs.
The NSFs in turn take the assistance of their affiliated State Association/Units for organising tournaments and other related activities for promotion of sports in the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!