Sports Ministry to form committee for monitoring sports events
New Delhi: The Sport Ministry has decided to form a steering committee to monitor and coordinate the work related to major international sports events till the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.
"To monitor and coordinate the work relating to major international sports events, upto Olympic Games 2020, it has been decided by the Government of India to constitute a Steering Committee under the Chairmanship of Secretary (Sports), Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports," Ministry said in a release.
The Steering Committee will be responsible for deciding core probables, reviewing performance of the core probables every three months for deciding who needs to be retained or dropped or added.
The Committee will also take up cases where for any reason, a decision cannot be taken by SAI DG. It will also be responsible for taking up the cases where quick decisions are required on the part of the Ministry including arrangements of additional funds.
Besides, any other activity deemed necessary in connection with preparation for major international sporting events will be taken by the Committee.
The Steering Committee will be headed by Secretary (Sports) and Executive Director (Teams), SAI will be the convener, while the other members will include SAI Director General, Joint Secretary (Sports), Joint Secretary (Development), Government Observer for the concerned discipline, the release said.
Also a representative of concerned National Sports Federation(s), a representative of India Olympic Association and any other member to be co-opted as required and Chief Coach of concerned discipline(s) will be part of the Steering Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi