Sports Ministry to form committee for monitoring sports events
New Delhi: The Sport Ministry has decided to form a steering committee to monitor and coordinate the work related to major international sports events till the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.
"To monitor and coordinate the work relating to major international sports events, upto Olympic Games 2020, it has been decided by the Government of India to constitute a Steering Committee under the Chairmanship of Secretary (Sports), Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports," Ministry said in a release.
The Steering Committee will be responsible for deciding core probables, reviewing performance of the core probables every three months for deciding who needs to be retained or dropped or added.
The Committee will also take up cases where for any reason, a decision cannot be taken by SAI DG. It will also be responsible for taking up the cases where quick decisions are required on the part of the Ministry including arrangements of additional funds.
Besides, any other activity deemed necessary in connection with preparation for major international sporting events will be taken by the Committee.
The Steering Committee will be headed by Secretary (Sports) and Executive Director (Teams), SAI will be the convener, while the other members will include SAI Director General, Joint Secretary (Sports), Joint Secretary (Development), Government Observer for the concerned discipline, the release said.
Also a representative of concerned National Sports Federation(s), a representative of India Olympic Association and any other member to be co-opted as required and Chief Coach of concerned discipline(s) will be part of the Steering Committee.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference