Sports Ministry wants convergence of MPLADS with PYKKA, USIS
New Delhi: With the aim of developing sports in the interiors of the country, the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports is trying to pursue the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MSPI) to converge various programmes with Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS).
If the Sports Ministry is able to convince the MSPI for the convergence of Panchayat Yuva Krida aur Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA) and Urban Sports Infrastructure Scheme (USIS) with MPLADS, it would be possible to use the funds from all these scheme that would help in creating more durable assets and in larger numbers.
As a result, under MPLADS the Member of Parliaments (MPs) would be able to recommend at rural level works such as development of playfields including levelling of playgrounds in hilly areas, construction of boundary walls and other durable assets relating to Sports.
Similarly in the urban areas also, the MPs would be able to recommend works such as multi-purpose halls, athletic tracks, football, hockey turfs etc.
The Sports Ministry had introduced PYKKA and USIS schemes in 2008-09 and 2010-11, respectively for creation and development of basic sports facilities at rural and urban levels.
Both the schemes have been received well so far. Under PYKKA, grant of Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 5 lakh is provided for creation of play fields in village panchayats and block panchayats respectively.
Under USIS, the level of assistance is about Rs.5.00-6.00 crore for creation of multipurpose halls, athletic tracks, football, hockey turfs etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof