New Delhi: Indian Paralympians performance in Rio together with BCCI's snub of Gautam Gambhir for the 15-man squad of the New Zealand series summed up this week's headlines.
Virender Sehwag was once again entertained everyone with his twitter account, highlighting the latest happenings in and around the world of sports.
Here is our weekly recap of the top five stories that grabbed the headlines.
1. Javelin thrower Devendra Jhajharia became the first Indian to clinch two gold medals at the Paralympics after he broke his own world record to clinch the top honours at the Rio Paralympic Games.
2. Ravichandran Ashwin silenced two Pakistanis on separate occasions who tried to troll India's performance at the Rio Paralympics.
3. Jose Mourinho's Manchester United had a week to forget, after incurring two back-to-back loses – one in the Premier League against arch rivals Manchester City and then in the Europa League against minnows Feyenoord.
4. Despite his strong performance with the bat and leadership that made India Blue the champions of Duleep Trophy, Gautam Gambhir failed to bag a place in India's 15-man squad for the New Zealand series. Virat Kohli and BCCI, both faced a severe backlash from fans for this decision.
5. Hacking group 'Fancy Bears' leaked the medical files of several USA stars including Williams sisters Serena and Venus along with Rio gold winner gymnast Simone Biles. Sania Mirza's father reportedly approached AITA seeking investigation in the matter as Sania was knocked out by Venus in the Rio Olympics silver medal match.