Sports ties are part of CBMs: Pakistan
Islamabad: Responding India`s cancellation of a bilateral hockey series and delays in implementing a new visa agreement, Pakistan on Saturday said sporting ties are a part of confidence building measures, which are required for peace between the between the two countries.
The Pakistan hockey team was scheduled to tour India in mid-April for five Test matches, followed by a return visit by India.
But India`s foreign ministry refused to clear the series, a day after the Pakistan Parliament passed a resolution against Afzal Guru`s execution.
Reacting to the news, Pakistan Foreign Office spokesman Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry said, "Pakistan believes that in the larger interest of maintaining peace between Pakistan and India, sustained and uninterrupted implementation of confidence-building process, including sports events, is required."
"Sports, cultural events and people-to-people contacts build trust and confidence between the two sides, he said.
The Pakistan government remains fully committed to the peace process and composite dialogue with India, including enhanced people-to-people contacts and friendly exchanges, Chaudhry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical