Spurs` Ginobili to have hand surgery, out 6-8 weeks
New York: San Antonio Spurs guard and leading scorer Manu Ginobili will undergo surgery on his broken shooting hand on Thursday and miss up to two months, the National Basketball Association team said.
The 34-year-old Argentine was injured during Monday`s game at the Minnesota Timberwolves and will have a plate screwed into his left hand during the surgery, the Spurs said.
The two-time All-Star was averaging 17.4 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3 assists through five games.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he expected Ginobli would be out six-to-eight weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's special YOGA session before wedding!
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!
- DRT likely to rule on Vijay Mallya’s Diageo package today