Spurs` Ginobili to have hand surgery, out 6-8 weeks
New York: San Antonio Spurs guard and leading scorer Manu Ginobili will undergo surgery on his broken shooting hand on Thursday and miss up to two months, the National Basketball Association team said.
The 34-year-old Argentine was injured during Monday`s game at the Minnesota Timberwolves and will have a plate screwed into his left hand during the surgery, the Spurs said.
The two-time All-Star was averaging 17.4 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3 assists through five games.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he expected Ginobli would be out six-to-eight weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'