Spurs` Ginobili to have hand surgery, out 6-8 weeks
New York: San Antonio Spurs guard and leading scorer Manu Ginobili will undergo surgery on his broken shooting hand on Thursday and miss up to two months, the National Basketball Association team said.
The 34-year-old Argentine was injured during Monday`s game at the Minnesota Timberwolves and will have a plate screwed into his left hand during the surgery, the Spurs said.
The two-time All-Star was averaging 17.4 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3 assists through five games.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he expected Ginobli would be out six-to-eight weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!