Spurs` Ginobili to have hand surgery, out 6-8 weeks
New York: San Antonio Spurs guard and leading scorer Manu Ginobili will undergo surgery on his broken shooting hand on Thursday and miss up to two months, the National Basketball Association team said.
The 34-year-old Argentine was injured during Monday`s game at the Minnesota Timberwolves and will have a plate screwed into his left hand during the surgery, the Spurs said.
The two-time All-Star was averaging 17.4 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3 assists through five games.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he expected Ginobli would be out six-to-eight weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack