Spurs give Lakers taste of their own medicine
Los Angeles: San Antonio made amends for last week`s stinging home loss to Los Angeles by trouncing the Lakers 112-91 on their home court on Tuesday.
The Western Conference-leading Spurs were on the receiving end of a 14-point loss to the Lakers last Wednesday but gave them a taste of their own medicine with the rout in Los Angeles as Kobe Bryant sat out another game due to injury.
Tony Parker had 29 points and 13 assists while Tim Duncan looked lively again with 19 points and eight rebounds for San Antonio (44-16), who moved a half-game ahead of Oklahoma City in the West.
"We were motivated tonight. They beat us bad last time and we were on a mission and wanted to make a statement," Tony Parker told reporters after the Spurs point guard had 29 points and 13 assists.
In addition to Parker, Tim Duncan looked lively again with 19 points and eight rebounds for San Antonio (44-16), who moved a half-game ahead of Oklahoma City in the West.
With Bryant missing his sixth consecutive game with a bruised left shin, the Lakers struggled to hit a basket in the second period and fell well behind after the Spurs went on an 18-0 run.
Andrew Bynum tallied 21 points for Los Angeles, who trailed by more than 20 in the second half and never recovered.
"They beat us like we stole something," Bynum said.
"Now we have to come see them (on Friday in San Antonio). It doesn`t matter (if Kobe plays), we`re going to win."
The Lakers (39-23) are 4-2 without Bryant and just a half-game in front of the Clippers for the Pacific Division lead and third spot in the West.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof