Squash: India down Argentina
Mulhouse (France): Eighth seeded India overcame a fighting Argentina 2-1 in their opening pool fixture of the WSF World men`s team squash championship here.
Argentina seriously troubled India Sunday. Robertino Pezzota put Argentina ahead with a 99-minute five-game win over Harinderpal Sandhu.
Saurav Ghosal tied the match up with a straight-games win and then India`s fourth string Mahesh Mangaonkar came from a game down to beat Leandro Romiglio, much to the relief of the Indian camp.
"I wasn`t really feeling under pressure, and from the second game on I started to slow the pace down and it worked for me, but it`s a relief to get the team off to a winning start," said Mangaonkar.
Pool H: India beat Argentina 2-1: Harinderpal Sandhu bt Roberto Pezzota 9-11, 11-2, 11-6, 11-13, 6-11 (99mins); Saurav Ghosal bt Hernan D`Arcalengo 11-7, 11-8, 11-2 (44m); Mahesh Mangaonkar bt Leandro Romiglio 8-11, 11-5, 11-6, 11-8 (51m).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!