Squash: India down Argentina
Mulhouse (France): Eighth seeded India overcame a fighting Argentina 2-1 in their opening pool fixture of the WSF World men`s team squash championship here.
Argentina seriously troubled India Sunday. Robertino Pezzota put Argentina ahead with a 99-minute five-game win over Harinderpal Sandhu.
Saurav Ghosal tied the match up with a straight-games win and then India`s fourth string Mahesh Mangaonkar came from a game down to beat Leandro Romiglio, much to the relief of the Indian camp.
"I wasn`t really feeling under pressure, and from the second game on I started to slow the pace down and it worked for me, but it`s a relief to get the team off to a winning start," said Mangaonkar.
Pool H: India beat Argentina 2-1: Harinderpal Sandhu bt Roberto Pezzota 9-11, 11-2, 11-6, 11-13, 6-11 (99mins); Saurav Ghosal bt Hernan D`Arcalengo 11-7, 11-8, 11-2 (44m); Mahesh Mangaonkar bt Leandro Romiglio 8-11, 11-5, 11-6, 11-8 (51m).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra