Squash: India down Argentina
Mulhouse (France): Eighth seeded India overcame a fighting Argentina 2-1 in their opening pool fixture of the WSF World men`s team squash championship here.
Argentina seriously troubled India Sunday. Robertino Pezzota put Argentina ahead with a 99-minute five-game win over Harinderpal Sandhu.
Saurav Ghosal tied the match up with a straight-games win and then India`s fourth string Mahesh Mangaonkar came from a game down to beat Leandro Romiglio, much to the relief of the Indian camp.
"I wasn`t really feeling under pressure, and from the second game on I started to slow the pace down and it worked for me, but it`s a relief to get the team off to a winning start," said Mangaonkar.
Pool H: India beat Argentina 2-1: Harinderpal Sandhu bt Roberto Pezzota 9-11, 11-2, 11-6, 11-13, 6-11 (99mins); Saurav Ghosal bt Hernan D`Arcalengo 11-7, 11-8, 11-2 (44m); Mahesh Mangaonkar bt Leandro Romiglio 8-11, 11-5, 11-6, 11-8 (51m).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read