Squash: India down Argentina
Mulhouse (France): Eighth seeded India overcame a fighting Argentina 2-1 in their opening pool fixture of the WSF World men`s team squash championship here.
Argentina seriously troubled India Sunday. Robertino Pezzota put Argentina ahead with a 99-minute five-game win over Harinderpal Sandhu.
Saurav Ghosal tied the match up with a straight-games win and then India`s fourth string Mahesh Mangaonkar came from a game down to beat Leandro Romiglio, much to the relief of the Indian camp.
"I wasn`t really feeling under pressure, and from the second game on I started to slow the pace down and it worked for me, but it`s a relief to get the team off to a winning start," said Mangaonkar.
Pool H: India beat Argentina 2-1: Harinderpal Sandhu bt Roberto Pezzota 9-11, 11-2, 11-6, 11-13, 6-11 (99mins); Saurav Ghosal bt Hernan D`Arcalengo 11-7, 11-8, 11-2 (44m); Mahesh Mangaonkar bt Leandro Romiglio 8-11, 11-5, 11-6, 11-8 (51m).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP