Srikanth, Prannoy win in PSPB badminton tournament
New Delhi: Rising shuttlers K. Srikanth and H.S. Prannoy won their respective matches on the third day of the 35th PSPB Inter Unit Badminton Tournament at the Siri Fort Sports Complex here Wednesday.
Unseeded Tarun Kona caused an upset in the men`s singles as he played well to defeat seventh seeded Arvind Bhat 20-22, 21-11, 21-13. However, in the quarterfinals he ran into second seeded Srikanth and lost the match 15-21, 6-21.
In a closely contested pre-quarterfinal, eighth seeded Chetan Anand beat Daniel Farid 21-14, 21-23, 21-15 while in a quarterfinal clash Prannoy, seeded five, was in full flow when he defeated fourth seeded Shreeyansh Jaiswal 19-21, 21-14, 21-15.
In women’s singles, top seeded Arundhati Pantawane had a comfortable win over Maya Dasrat 21-10 21-10 while fourth seeded Trupti Murgunde lost to a fighting Riya Pillai 13-21, 17-21. The other two seeds -- P.C. Thulasi (3) and Tanvi Lad (2) -- won their respective matches quite comfortably.
In men’s doubles quarterfinal action, top seeded pair of Pranaav Chopra and Tarun Kona defeated Bijon Bannerjee and Amitabh Goswami 21-0 21-9 while in the second last eight clash fourth seeded Hema Nagendre Babu and Santhosh Ravuri defeated Arsalan and Daniel Farid 21-11, 21-13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday