Srikanth, Prannoy win in PSPB badminton tournament
New Delhi: Rising shuttlers K. Srikanth and H.S. Prannoy won their respective matches on the third day of the 35th PSPB Inter Unit Badminton Tournament at the Siri Fort Sports Complex here Wednesday.
Unseeded Tarun Kona caused an upset in the men`s singles as he played well to defeat seventh seeded Arvind Bhat 20-22, 21-11, 21-13. However, in the quarterfinals he ran into second seeded Srikanth and lost the match 15-21, 6-21.
In a closely contested pre-quarterfinal, eighth seeded Chetan Anand beat Daniel Farid 21-14, 21-23, 21-15 while in a quarterfinal clash Prannoy, seeded five, was in full flow when he defeated fourth seeded Shreeyansh Jaiswal 19-21, 21-14, 21-15.
In women’s singles, top seeded Arundhati Pantawane had a comfortable win over Maya Dasrat 21-10 21-10 while fourth seeded Trupti Murgunde lost to a fighting Riya Pillai 13-21, 17-21. The other two seeds -- P.C. Thulasi (3) and Tanvi Lad (2) -- won their respective matches quite comfortably.
In men’s doubles quarterfinal action, top seeded pair of Pranaav Chopra and Tarun Kona defeated Bijon Bannerjee and Amitabh Goswami 21-0 21-9 while in the second last eight clash fourth seeded Hema Nagendre Babu and Santhosh Ravuri defeated Arsalan and Daniel Farid 21-11, 21-13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter