SRK keen on promoting football in India
Mumbai: Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was awed by the indoor football venues that he visited in Dubai on his recent holiday in which he was reported to have been playing football with his son and friends on the beaches of Dubai.
As reported by the Mumbai Mirror, Khan revealed in a press conference that he is keen to promote football as enthusiastically he has been doing for cricket.
"I will take the initiative...We are the only nation of such a size without a good football team. I would love to do it (promote football), in whatever capacity possible," said the owner of IPL side Kolkata Knight Riders.
SRK had also tweeted: "No greater pleasure than to bring in the year with soccer on the beach with my kids till 5 am. Now in a state of Exhausted Happiness... "
"Aryan is passionate about football, and is a huge fan of Manchester United. In fact, on December 31, 2012, SRK played football on the beach with his son and his friends all night. And it is only natural for him to do his bit as a father and a sports enthusiast," a close source the actor was quoted.
It is hence evident that for his son`s love of football, the sports enthusiast that he already is, SRK might be interested in getting his soccer boots on with a serious intention that is however yet to be defined.
As one may remember, Khan`s Dempo link didn`t quite materialise after several attempts by the Goan giants who had later been reported to be looking towards cricketers MS Dhoni and Gautam Gambhir as club ambassadors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list