SSCB, BHA, Odisha record wins in jr men`s hockey national
Chennai: Services Sports Control Board (SSCB), Bengal Hockey Association (BHA), and Hockey Gangpur (Odisha) made winning starts to their campaign in the fourth Hockey India Junior Men National Championship Division on Monday.
In the opening match of the day Hockey Gangpur (Odisha) thrashed Puducherry 14-1 in a Pool A encounter.
In Pool B, BHA defeated Vidarbha Hockey Association 4-1 while SSCB spanked Hockey Bihar 10-2.
In other matches of the day, Kerala and Goa drew 3-3 while Tripura beat Jammu and Kashmir 5-1.
Results of the day:
Pool A: Hockey Gangpur-Odisha 14 Deepak Lakra(7th min), Sudeep Kerketta (13th), Pratap Lakra (20th and 69th), Rasananda Khalkho (22nd and 39th), Arbeen Kujur (24th and 61st), Sibren Lakra (38th) vs Puducherry 1 V Veerathaminzhan (58th).
Pool B: Bengal Hockey Association 4 Avoy Ekka (8th, 21st and 25th), Kundan Kujur (55th) vs Vidarbha Hockey Association 2 Ahfaz Pathan (23rd) and Prafulla Lohangarge (36th).
Pool B: Services Sports Control Board 10 Kunjappa (3rd, 54th and 66th), Naveen Minz (12th), Navpreet Singh (23rd), Bishram Dodray (37th), Naveen Minz (53rd), John Barla (55th), Ramandeep (56th) and Mangra Bhengra (57th) vs Hockey Bihar 2 Prem Ranjan Ekka (41st) and Subash Sanga (66th).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'