State to have Sports Policy soon: JK govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir will soon have its sports policy, the state government said on Thursday.
"Sports policy will be introduced in one month`s time in a bid to develop sports culture...It is almost in final phase," state sports minister Taj Mohi-ud-Din told reporters.
"It will be taken to the cabinet for approval," he said adding, the government is keen in bringing in a sports policy for raising the standards of sports and sportspersons, coaches and other officials, he said.
Sports policy in JK is the need of the hour, the minister said.
Many things have been charted out and an outline has been prepared, the minister said.
"Panchayats will be involved in development of sports as they play a major role", Taj added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?