State to have Sports Policy soon: JK govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir will soon have its sports policy, the state government said on Thursday.
"Sports policy will be introduced in one month`s time in a bid to develop sports culture...It is almost in final phase," state sports minister Taj Mohi-ud-Din told reporters.
"It will be taken to the cabinet for approval," he said adding, the government is keen in bringing in a sports policy for raising the standards of sports and sportspersons, coaches and other officials, he said.
Sports policy in JK is the need of the hour, the minister said.
Many things have been charted out and an outline has been prepared, the minister said.
"Panchayats will be involved in development of sports as they play a major role", Taj added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH