Stevenson captures WBC title
Ottawa: Canadian Adonis Stevenson beat Chad Dawson, of the US, to grab the World Boxing Council (WBC) light heavyweight title in Montreal.
Stevenson won the title with a technical knock-out when he threw a left-handed punch which left Dawson with a glazed eye -- the referee stopped the contest at 1min 16 sec into the first round Saturday night.
Stevenson, 35, improved his record to 21-1 with 19 wins while Dawson fell to 31-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'