Stevenson captures WBC title
Ottawa: Canadian Adonis Stevenson beat Chad Dawson, of the US, to grab the World Boxing Council (WBC) light heavyweight title in Montreal.
Stevenson won the title with a technical knock-out when he threw a left-handed punch which left Dawson with a glazed eye -- the referee stopped the contest at 1min 16 sec into the first round Saturday night.
Stevenson, 35, improved his record to 21-1 with 19 wins while Dawson fell to 31-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks