Suchde, Sandhu crack top 100 bracket in world squash ranking
New Delhi: Riding on some fine performances in the season opening events, India`s Siddharth Suchde and Harinder Pal Sandhu have entered the top 100 of the World Squash rankings for the first time in the list.
Ace Indian player Saurav Ghosal also rose a rung to career-best 28th spot in April rankings released by PSA. Ghosal benefited from his pre-quarterfinal appearance at the Case Swedish Open last month and has 1720.00 points.
Suchde has moved up 12 places to be at 90th position due to his good showing in the PSA Indian Challenger event in Chennai, where he had made it to the quarterfinal stage. It has also pushed him to the second position among the list of Indians, surpassing compatriot Harinder Pal Sandhu.
Sandhu, winner of the PSA Indian Challenger 5 in Chennai, also surged nine places to 98 to achieve his highest world ranking ever on the PSA circuit. His good performance in the CIMB KL Open 2010 championship in Kuala Lumpur this month, where he had reached the semifinals, helped him achieve the feat.
Veteran Ritwik Bhattacharya also bettered his ranking by a place to be at 114.
In the women`s circuit, Anaka Alankamony, world`s youngest ever player to win a WISPA title, climbed one spot to 77. Veteran Joshna Chinappa also improved her ranking by gaining a position to 34.
However, Dipika Pallikal failed to hold on to her 46th position and slumped three places to 49.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days