Sukhbir Singh Sarawan to lead Indian Kabaddi team
Chandigarh: Sukhbir Singh Sarawan will lead the Indian Kabbadi team in the World Kabbadi Cup, being organised by Punjab government from Novermber 1.
This was disclosed by secretary general of the organising committee Sikander Singh Maluka.
He said that Hardavinder Singh Dulla will be vice captain of the team.
As many as fourteen nations are participating in the tournamnet, to start at Bathinda on Tuesday.
Five key players from last year`s Indian team namely Sukhbir Singh Sarawan, Hardavinder Singh Dulla Surakhpuria, Gulzar Singh Moonak, Mangat Singh Mangi Bagga and Narinder Kumar Bittu Dugaal have been retained while nine new players, including Gurlal Ghanaur would represent for the first time.
The 14-member team comprises of seven raiders and defenders while for players have been picked as standbys.
The coaching staff of team includes Harpreet Singh Baba, Dalbir Singh Bittu and Harbans Singh while Gurdeep Singh Malhi has been made the manager.
The members of Indian Kabaddi team are:
Sukhbir Singh Sarawan, Hardavinder Singh Dulla Surakhpuria, Gulzar Singh Moonak, Gurlal Ghanaur, Sandeep Dirba, Gagandeep Singh Gaggi Khiranwal and Talwinder Singh Sonu Jump (all raiders), Mangat Singh Mangi, Narinder Kumar Bittu Dugaal, Sikander Singh Kanjhli, Ekam Hathoor, Narinder Nindi Benra, Jagdeep Singh Kaka Ghaniwal and Gurwinder Singh Kahlwan (all defenders).
Besides, Vicky Ghanaur, Talwinder Singh Tinda, Yaadwinder Singh Kotli and Gurpreet Singh Maheru were the standby players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore