Sunil, Bidhuri reach second round of Senior Boxing Nationals
Hyderbad: Sunil Kumar of Railways and 2010 Youth National Championship bronze medallist Gaurav Bidhuri advanced to the second round of the 59th Sahara Men`s National Boxing Championships which begin here on Tuesday.
In a display of raw power and agility, the 34th National Games gold medallist, Sunil trounced Sajay Mishra of Madhya Pradesh in the light fly weight.
The 23-year-old hardly broke a sweat to get past Mishra in what was a clinical display of superlative boxing.
The nimble-footed Bidhuri too was in sublime touch, as he stormed past Netra Bahadur of Himachal Pradesh.
In the bantam weight, former national champion and Services boxer Chhote Lal Yadav avenged his 2011 National Championship loss against Maniknandan V of the Railways.
The 24-year-old put up a sterling performance against some solid attacking by the Railways boxer. Yadav established an early two point lead with the help of some heavy hitting and power punches (5-3).
He continued with the aggressive play in the second round and increased the lead to seven points. In the end, he marched into the next round with an overall score of 16-6.
Amit Bisht of Rajasthan also advanced into the next round with a victory over Jitendra Kumar Verma of the SPSB team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt