Sushil Kumar honoured with gold medal in Chandni Chowk
New Delhi: He might have had to settle with a silver in the London Olympics, but star Indian wrestler Sushil Kumar was feted with a gold medal at a felicitation function in Chandni Chowk here.
Also honoured at the function was his coach Satpal Singh.
Sushil was given a gold medal, two garlands made of currency notes amounting to Rs 51,000 each and 50kg almonds by Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee president J P Aggarwal and powerlifter Gaurav Sharma here last night.
Satpal and Wrestling Federation of India`s Secretary General Raj Singh, who was present at the event, were also honoured with Rs 11,000 worth garland and gift hampers.
"I have always been given a lot of honour here at Chandni Chowk. This is a unique way to felicitate me," Sushil said.
"I hope to do well in the next Olympics in 2016. Whenever I go for a big tournament, I come here at the Narsingh temple for blessings. I came here before going to the Olympics also," he said.
Satpal and Raj Singh congratulated the grappler, who won the silver medal at the Olympics in the 66kg freestyle event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- India's tour of Zimbabwe: Men in Blue to play three ODIs, three T20Is in June
- NEET 2016: SC asks MCI to respond to state governments' plea to hold separate exams this year
- Uber users can soon pay for rides abroad using Paytm wallet
- Govt orders SFIO to probe 187 companies for running Ponzi schemes
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar 'misquoted' over Nobel Peace Prize: Art of Living