Sushil Kumar honoured with gold medal in Chandni Chowk
New Delhi: He might have had to settle with a silver in the London Olympics, but star Indian wrestler Sushil Kumar was feted with a gold medal at a felicitation function in Chandni Chowk here.
Also honoured at the function was his coach Satpal Singh.
Sushil was given a gold medal, two garlands made of currency notes amounting to Rs 51,000 each and 50kg almonds by Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee president J P Aggarwal and powerlifter Gaurav Sharma here last night.
Satpal and Wrestling Federation of India`s Secretary General Raj Singh, who was present at the event, were also honoured with Rs 11,000 worth garland and gift hampers.
"I have always been given a lot of honour here at Chandni Chowk. This is a unique way to felicitate me," Sushil said.
"I hope to do well in the next Olympics in 2016. Whenever I go for a big tournament, I come here at the Narsingh temple for blessings. I came here before going to the Olympics also," he said.
Satpal and Raj Singh congratulated the grappler, who won the silver medal at the Olympics in the 66kg freestyle event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!