Sushil Kumar signs up with OGQ
New Delhi: Two-time Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar on Friday signed up with a sports foundation, Olympic Gold Quest (OGQ), from which he will get training and financial assistance for the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Sushil will also be a Special Advisor to the OGQ Board on wrestling and will help identify and support talented young wrestlers.
Sushil is the only Indian athlete to win two individual Olympic medals and has also won the World Championship in 2010.
"My target is to win the Gold medal at the Rio 2016 Olympics and I know that I need to work twice as hard and carefully plan my training schedule for the next 3 years. This is where I would require OGQ`s support with special focus on physiotherapy and medical support," said Sushil, who won silver at the London 2012 Olympics and a bronze in 2008.
With this, OGQ now supports two wrestlers including Praveen Rana who fights in the 74kg free style category.
"I believe that OGQ can help take his performance to the next level and win the Gold at the Rio Olympics. We are very lucky to have Sushil as an advisor on Wrestling. He has more than a decade of experience and he has inspired a new generation of young kids to take up wrestling and dream big," said Badminton legend and Director of the organisation Prakash Padukone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!