New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Monday deferred the hearing pertaining to Sushil Kumar's appeal of holding trials against Narsingh Yadav for 74kg 2016 Rio Olympics berth to June 1.
In today's hearing, none of the two wrestlers came to the court.
Hearing the case, Justice Manmohan said that it was sad to see that both the wrestlers were being used as pawns for federation politics.
Another hearing took place earlier on May 27.
The lawyers of both parties came up with several arguments in that hearing.
While Sushil's lawyers said that the ace wrestler had been assured of fresh trials last year, WFI's lawyer argued that holding trials would be a mental setback for Narsingh Yadav, who had earned a quota for the quadrennial event.
Sushil's lawyers also produced a letter by Indian team's Georgian coach in October last year, where he wrote about his training and also wished him luck for Rio Games.
The WFI isn't too keen on the trials since Narsingh won the Olympic quota in the 74kg category.
Earlier, in a hearing regarding the case on May 17, HC refused to intervene in the matter and asked WFI to meet Sushil and sort out the issue. The date for next hearing was set for May 27.
Sushil had also appealed to the Sports Ministry, IOA, WFI and fans to give him a chance for the Rio Games, as according to the rules, quota belongs to the country and not to a particular wrestler.
Narsingh has been staking his claim to represent India at the Olympics since last year when he secured a quota place at the World Championship in Las Vegas after winning a bronze in 74kg. Sushil, who missed the event due to a shoulder injury, has been demanding a trial.